Okay, so this unfortunately does NOT take place in Florida, however, it was too cool for me not to share. You don’t have to be based in New York City to participate but you will have to attend the workshop in the Big Apple.
Some of you (sadly) commute for work. Some of you are Improv folk, some of you are comedy sketch folk. Some of you are just great writers! This workshop is an excellent opportunity to fine tune your voice. (I hope AJ Nickell is reading this!)
Here’s Your Big Break
The two-day, NYC-based workshop will consist of improv classes as well as keynote speakers. The selected writers will create new sketch material and gain insight into the dynamics of a Late Night writers’ room as well as learn about NBCUniversal’s Late Night line-up. Participants are given the chance to interact with key writers and producers from across NBCUniversal’s Late Night shows as well as receive feedback on their material. Writing assignments on an NBCUniversal Late Night television show may be available after successful completion of the program but are not a guarantee.
1. Applicants must submit ALL of the following pieces in one properly formatted “sketch” packet:
- 1-2 pages of monologue jokes (a la Late Night with Jimmy Fallon) for one or several characters/host personalities
- 1-2 pages of headline news/ topical jokes (a la Saturday Night Live’s “Weekend Update”)
- 2 sketches (no more than 5 pages EACH). These sketches should be character based and at least one should be a “correspondent” or “pre-taped” sketch (Examples: Jimmy Fallon’s “Thank-You Notes” or Jay Leno’s “Ross the Intern”)
This packet must be submitted as ONE PDF file.
2. Applicants must complete the Late Night Writers Workshop application. Please upload the sketch packet in the application form. Link to be posted during 2013 application period.
3. Applicants must fill out a release form for their submitted packet. Upload form in online application.
4. Applicants must be able to provide their own housing and transportation in the New York City area for the duration of the program weekend. (NOTE: You do not need to be based in New York City to be considered.)
July 15, 2013 – August 16, 2013 (3pm PST deadline) – Submission Period
September 2013 – Finalists interviews / selection
October 4 and 5, 2013 – Workshop in New York City
All dates other than the submission period are subject to change.
Questions (NOT APPLICATIONS) should be submitted to email@example.com
For FAQ, click here.